- RSS Channel Showcase 2808810
- RSS Channel Showcase 3831667
- RSS Channel Showcase 4316642
- RSS Channel Showcase 4107029
Articles on this Page
- 02/05/18--01:22: _Otter ‘control’ pet...
- 02/05/18--01:28: _British roach recor...
- 02/05/18--01:42: _Doing business the ...
- 02/06/18--00:46: _Environment Agency ...
- 02/06/18--00:54: _Chew Valley’s fishi...
- 02/12/18--10:31: _Isle of Man becomes...
- 02/13/18--06:49: _Alan Blair, carp fi...
- 02/16/18--01:27: _Angling seeks to pr...
- 02/16/18--01:31: _Save Our Salmon suc...
- 02/16/18--01:36: _Monster lake record...
- 02/19/18--09:01: _Corking chub on bai...
- 02/20/18--08:05: _End of line for Fis...
- 02/22/18--08:33: _Fishomania host ven...
- 02/23/18--03:04: _Pike haul could be ...
- 02/23/18--03:15: _Hot catfish sport i...
- 02/28/18--04:14: _Stunning first-ever...
- 03/02/18--04:29: _Jumbo ‘non trout wa...
- 03/02/18--04:47: _Close Season review...
- 03/02/18--05:22: _Huge 286 lb winter ...
- 03/02/18--05:32: _Fishing tackle pion...
- 02/05/18--01:22: Otter ‘control’ petition launched
- 02/05/18--01:28: British roach record looks set to get beaten soon
- 02/05/18--01:42: Doing business the proper way… with some big perch fishing!
- 02/06/18--00:46: Environment Agency reveals new facts on angling matters
- 02/06/18--00:54: Chew Valley’s fishing future now looks to be safe
- 02/12/18--10:31: Isle of Man becomes the Isle of Fishermen!
- 02/13/18--06:49: Alan Blair, carp fishing star, lands giant pike!
- 02/16/18--01:27: Angling seeks to prevent legal challenges by extremists
- 02/16/18--01:31: Save Our Salmon success
- 02/16/18--01:36: Monster lake record pike on carp trip
- 02/19/18--09:01: Corking chub on bait wizard’s new wonder paste
- 02/20/18--08:05: End of line for Fishomania glamour girls?
- 02/22/18--08:33: Fishomania host venue backs glamour girls
- 02/23/18--03:04: Pike haul could be greatest ever: 5 giants for 151 lb!
- 02/23/18--03:15: Hot catfish sport in freezing February
- 02/28/18--04:14: Stunning first-ever UK catfish slams scales to 113 lb!
- 03/02/18--04:29: Jumbo ‘non trout water’ pike as blizzard strikes
- 03/02/18--04:47: Close Season review explained by Environment Agency
- 03/02/18--05:32: Fishing tackle pioneer John Roberts dies – special tribute
A PETITION to parliament calling for the introduction of ‘non-lethal means of control’ of otters attracted over 5,000 signatures within its first 24 hours on the Government website... and has kept growing since.Devised by the Barbel Society, the petition explains: “Since its assisted re-introduction to the freshwater waterways of the UK, the …Continue reading »
A BRITISH RECORD roach is on the cards in the next couple of months after the venue tipped to do one recently produced another giant of 3 lb 15 oz.Homersfield Lake in Norfolk produced a redfin just one ounce off the record at 4 lb 3 oz in March. …Continue reading »
NICK MARSH bagged himself this new personal best perch of 3 lb 15 oz during a successful quickfire lure session with pal Callum McInerney-Riley.They tackled a local Lea Valley water on the Essex-Hertfordshire borders with soft lures… and talked some business at the …Continue reading »
THE latest Environment Agency annual report has shown rod licence sales have fallen slightly but the organisation is in good financial shape.Sales for 2016-17 fell by 19,059 licences – or 1.47 per cent – as the Environment Agency sold them to …Continue reading »
FISHING and the chance of a potential British record pike have been saved at top predator and trout waters Chew Valley and Blagdon Lake.Bristol Water sparked major concern when they did a review last year of all their activities but emergency talks look …Continue reading »
ISLE of Man could become a new fishing destination after its first ever coarse fishery opened up.Isle of Man now has a quality coarse venue. After a decade in the making, the five lake complex called …Continue reading »
ALAN BLAIR, best known for carp, caught this personal best 30 lb 4 oz pike after snatching a quick trip after a tackle show - despite not having the baits he wanted.Alan Blair, who is Nash Tackle operations director, wasn’t even sure about fishing after the Brentwood Carp Show in Essex …Continue reading »
PRESSURE from anglers has diminished the likelihood of a controversial section of the new Animal Welfare Bill being passed by Parliament.The Bill seeks to increase the maximum sentences for animal cruelty and also to write into law the concept of …Continue reading »
CRITICAL salmon stocks have meant the Environment Agency taking drastic measures to curb the number of migratory fish being removed from English rivers.The measures include a complete ban on anglers taking salmon in those rivers considered most at risk. There are also …Continue reading »
CARPER Ron Russell was struggling at a syndicate lake near Dorrington in Lincolnshire so switched species and ended up with this 34 lb 10 oz monster pike.Helpringham, Lincolnshire-based Ron explained: “I was on a 24 hour session for carp. There was only an hour to go …Continue reading »
BAIT wizard Leighton McDonnell came up with a new paste after missing chub bites while pike fishing and he was rewarded with this 7 lb 1 oz specimen.The Tring, Hertfordshire-based specialist landed his latest jumbo chub on the Great Ouse. His magic chub bait involved moulding the …Continue reading »
GLAMOUR girls are in danger of being excluded from angling's showpiece Fishomania event after being dropped from televised darts and motor-racing.Sky Sports’ Fishomania final, with its £50,000 jackpot, is the most notable angling event to have had models at its …Continue reading »
THE venue hosting this year's big money Fishomania final have spoken up in favour of glamour girls being at the event.As Angler’s Mail revealed, Fishomania organisers Matchroom confirmed there is a big doubt that glamour girls would be present this …Continue reading »
PIKE FANS, check this catch out by one of the sport's most dedicated big fish men... five giant predators for over 151 lb!Pike ace Dave Horton made the mega catch with five giant crocs that had a combined weight of 151 lb …Continue reading »
CARP ANGLER Billy Matthews enjoyed the session of his life when his latest trip was interrupted by a shoal of hungry catfish.Billy had never caught a catfish before the trip to Chigboro fisheries in Essex but soon changed that with three …Continue reading »
FINLAY SPEAKMAN broke his catfish duck with some style when he landed this 113 lb 14 oz beast.The giant day ticket catfish fell during a night session at Chigboro Fisheries in Essex. Great Wakering-based Finlay, 21, who …Continue reading »
TOM KINSELLA tempted one of the biggest pike of the season away from the trout meccas of Chew and Blagdon when he pioneered his way to this 35 lb 6 oz beast.The burly ground-worker had been desperate to beat his old PB of 17 lb that he caught four years ago. …Continue reading »
THE Environment Agency have finally revealed to Angler’s Mail details on their review of the river fishing Close Season.Close Season questions arose after news leaked out about the review that has been taking place. Current the Close …Continue reading »
CHECK OUT this freshwater colossus, around 286 lb of hard-fighting catfish, caught from a river this winter!Catfish fans around the world have been admiring online pictures of the beast, and Angler’s Mail is delighted to share …Continue reading »
FISHING tackle inventor John Roberts has sadly passed away at the age of 77.Fishing tackle inventor John Roberts’ original fishing tackle items included leger stops, run clips, reel fittings, pike disgorgers, butt grips, …Continue reading »